I was totally overwhelmed by the enthusiastic reactions to my Improvisational Pleating Tutorial a few weeks ago. Roughly speaking, the responses could be divided into two types:
It will be a relaxed little contest with plenty of time to sew, and very few rules.
– You apply one of the three improvisational pleating techniques, or invent your own (it has to be improvisational though – no measuring :-))
– If you have a blog, you can blog about it whenever you like in the coming weeks. Include the button above in your post(s), and link up to this page, so that your readers know you are participating.
– On May 21, I will open a link party where you can upload a picture of your creation.
– On May 24, uploading ends and voting begins, and you can send over your friends and followers to vote for you.
– On May 26, the contest closes and two winners will be announced: (1) the creation with the most votes, and (2) my own favorite from the creations made from a StraightGrain pattern (free or paying).
– You can use whatever fabric and pattern you like.
– You can make whatever you like: a garment, a bag, a blanket, a sleep sack, a pillow cover, …
– You can send in as many creations as a you like.
– It is an international contest.
– You do not need to have a blog to participate. (You will need a www address to partipate in the Link Party, but this can also be your FB page, flickr account…)
– The always generous people of Birch are giving away 3 yards of Flight voiles of your choice. This awesome prize will go to the creation with the most votes.
– I will also chip in with a surprise pack of voile fabrics – I will announce later which ones, but I can tell you already that they will be really nice 🙂 They will go to my own favorite creation made from a StraightGrain pattern.
That is all there is to it… Now pleat it! 🙂