So I decided to add a little triangle at the shoulders.
While the triangle was just an impromptu solution to a problem, I must say that I like this version better than the orignal idea. Norah, on the other hand, does not like the blouse. A bit of a surprise, as I picked a fabric in her favorite color.
“What is it you don’t like about this top?”
Norah: “That it is not a dress”.
The pattern for this non-dress is an adaptation of the Tinny pattern: I lengthened the sleeves, changed the neck line, changed the bodice, and replaced the blind zipper with buttons in the back. (Yes, I’m using the term “adaptation” in its widest possible meaning here, as nothing really was left of the original pattern.)
I’m happy with how the neck line turned out, but the blouse is too narrow at the bottom. Reason for this is that I didn’t have enough fabric: this Veritas fabric is only sold in 75 x 100 cm pieces, and I was already halfway my project when I realised that that wouldn’t be enough. I also didn’t have enough width for gathering the fabric at the chest; I solved it by gathering only in the middle, with the help of some shirring.
As the fabric doesn’t really wash up well (white marks all over, and the fabric stays rather stiff), I don’t think this top will be worn a lot…