After an intensive few weeks of testing and adapting the Hanami pattern I announced earlier, the pattern is finally ready for release.
The Hanami is a simple pattern for ages 1 to 10, and includes the following options:
– top or dress
– with or without a slim peter pan collar
– with tulip flutter sleeves, or regular flutter sleeves
– with an invisible zipper in the back, or with a crossed back
The name, Hanami, was based on a suggestion by my dear friend Sanae
(thanks again, S!). It is Japanese for ‘the art of observing flowers’ – observing the famous Japanese blossoms more particularly.
The pattern can be bought by clicking the “Add to Cart” button above, or on this
page. It will be sold for $8, or for $7 if you use the code 1OFF (expires this Sunday).
Below are some pictures of different test versions I made in the past months.
The detailed instructions will teach you how to insert a blind zipper (so much easier than you might think!), how to sew a collar with perfectly rounded edges, how to achieve perfectly spaced gathers, how to understitch a neck line, and more.
The patterns and instructions are in pdf-format, easy to print (on letter size or A4 paper) and to assemble.
The 42 page file includes:
– easy-to-follow sewing instructions with full-color annotated pictures of each step
– digitally drawn patterns for ages 1Y, 18M, 2Y, 3Y, 4Y, 5Y, 6Y, 7Y, 8Y, 9Y, and 10Y, seam allowances included. All of the above mentioned options are included in the pattern.
– detailed information about printing and assembling the patterns, yardage needed, materials needed, and sizing
– cutting diagrams for quilting width and regular width fabric
– all measurements are provided in inches/yards and in centimeters
Now, how about that give-away I announced in the title, huh? I teamed up with the lovely Ruth of the wonderful Belgian organic webshop Georgette
, who is giving away a yard of fabric to make your own Hanami. All you need to do is buy the Hanami pattern, and mention in the “Note to seller” section which Georgette
fabric you would like to win. The winner gets 1 yard of her favorite fabric, AND gets her Hanami purchase paid back
. The contest is open to participants from all over the world.
Ruth wouldn’t be Ruth, of course, is she would just be giving away 1 yard of fabric. You can win another yard and a free Hanami pattern (or a refund, if you already bought it) by entering the competition Ruth is hosting on her own blog
page. Head over here
to find out the details. (This second
contest is, however, restricted to Belgian, Dutch, French, German, UK and Luxembourgian customers).
Finally, I’d like to announce the Hanami pattern tour, which includes only creations made by my wonderful testers. The pattern was tested by almost 40 talented sewists and bloggers, who they gave me a ton of suggestions for improving the pattern. Thank you SO MUCH to all of you!
Curious to find out what the delicious test-Hanami’s look like? Come back later today…