After some extremely busy weeks at work, combined with illness and a major computer crash, I finally found some time to work on a second Winter coat for Norah. I was quite happy with the way her first one turned out, but the insulating interfacing I used was not quite as warm as I hoped it would be. So I made a new one, this time putting some nice warm fleece between the outside fabric and the lining.
While I’m still crazy about DMK’s Double Breasted Coat pattern, this time I wanted something different: a standing collar instead of a peter pan collar, and some more straight lines. So with DMK’s pattern as a starting point, I drew something new, adding some nice details (straps on the sleeves and in the back, and little faux-pockets in the front). I used some super cheap fabric (€4/m!) from the amazing Rotterdam market.
Happy holidays, everyone!