Last year, I made DearMyKids’ Double Breasted Coat for the first time, and she wore it all Winter long. But as the picture below (of Norah’s first day to school) shows, it has become a teeny tiny bit too small (no, the coat is not supposed to have 3/4 sleeves).
So a new one was due. I went to several shops and markets to find some suitable fabric, but eventually, I had to settle for something I liked, but not loved. I found it on the market in Rotterdam, it was cheap, and it smells weird.
I ironed some insulating interfacing on the fabric to make the coat warm enough. I made it in size three, so Norah can wear it all Winter. So for now, I’m folding up her sleeves, which looks pretty ugly.
The model is really simple, and the pattern comes with great instructions. The only change I made was adding some facing in the front part.